Hi! New member :) can't download any plans... can anyone help?

• SWiB94
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #24489 by SWiB94
Hi All!

Thanks for having me, been having a nose around this site for ages and have finally taken the plunge and joined up!

I'd like to start building my first cabs in the next couple of weeks, and a friend recommended MTH30s as a good start! 

Unfortunately, whenever I go to try and download the plans for these cabs I get a 'server error' page come up and can't download anything... this has happened with a few other designs I was looking at too. If anyone is able to help I would be really greateful!

Thanks again all,
Hugo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #24496 by turbochris11
HI!
I have been a member for years and sorry to say, but this forum is dead. Links don´t work, most pictures are from external hoster´s and expired. After all, it is a good thing no on uses it. Let me explain why:

I was never able to see a decent plan because of download´s denied. So I enlarged the small stuff on the pages to get an idea.

Worst is, many of these plans are based on fantasy instead of science, have never been build by the "designer" and will not give any usable result.
Most complicated to build "horns" will give you less output than any simple reflex cabinet. I´m sure the "designers" know that!
I don´t know if these are bad intentions of commercial builders or just prank´s, but if you invest a lot of money in wood and work, it is really sad what you will receive in the end. 

Never build any of these plans, go somewhere else where you can see some serious simulations,  measurements of actual builds, discuss with people that really have one and then choose a plan...

You are warned!

Greetings, Chris

More
3 years 9 months ago #24640 by giveortake
Hi there, really sorry for the issues you encountered. I have now fixed all the broken links, it was due to an update of the "Downloads" section backend that required manually changing all links to files in every plan. Everything should work as expected now, use this thread to report anything broken and I will check it and correct it.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
3 years 9 months ago #24641 by giveortake
To answer Turbochris11's post: sorry you had a bad experience here, this site is run by me on my free time and does not generate any revenue (ad or affiliate) and does not intend to do so anytime soon. I have been very busy with work and family and it has taken a backstage in my life which made user experience quite bad for the last year. I am planning on spending more time on it now to keep it going.

Links don´t work, most pictures are from external hoster´s and expired
We offer image hosting on this site, but members wanted the option of using external hosts. That means that we have no control over these and some images have now indeed expired, not much I can do about these here. All images hosted here are still online and will remain so.

many of these plans are based on fantasy instead of science, have never been build by the "designer"
I beg to differ here, as you will notice many members have built these plans and posted their results/measurements/experience. you will also find detailed discussions on applications and recommended drivers for the boxes. the designers also share their build pictures and measurements. At the end of the day, it is a DIY forum and we trust you to make the right choice in your selection, that is why we include forum discussion threads within the plan so you can get an idea of how popular a design is or not.

Most complicated to build "horns" will give you less output than any simple reflex cabinet
This is not accurate, and I will not go into the science of it but will advise you to check our forum for a deeper discussion on this topic. Isn't your voice louder when talking with your hands cupped around your mouth?
Cabinet's efficiency with a given driver is provided on the plans so you can make your own mind. Yes, building horns is harder than reflex cabs, but no pain no gain.

I don´t know if these are bad intentions of commercial builders or just prank´s
Again this a free forum run by volunteers, with no commercial interest or benefit. The time and effort put in it is for the benefit of the community, going with demonstrated designs like the Cubo family will yield fantastic results a the fraction of the cost of an equivalent commercial design.

I hope this helps clarify some of your points, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can help you with.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds