Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011

• paulus
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #11537 by paulus
<Split from Turbomax 1500 MK3 Thread by Mod smiley2 >

RE tweets session
well done QSS and all 3 sounds for a great night,all sounds sounded very serious and would give established sounds some problems!!!!!!!very well presented racks and stacks,sat the bar hight for the next session(which i am in.....nice 1 guys )
and the tamx mk3 sounded very very good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #11539 by levyte357

paulus wrote: RE tweets session
well done QSS and all 3 sounds for a great night,all sounds sounded very serious and would give established sounds some problems!!!!!!!

Yes, well done QSS, and all who attended.

For me Jah Loco and Tweeter were the heaviest, but the Neighbourhood/Fuzzy crew did start pushing it towards the end, and had some serious SPL. Don't think the Mids kept up with their bottom end though.

The star of the show for me was the Jah Loco sub amp.

The SP armchair amp mob ridiculed it without even hearing it (as usual), so shame on them... LOL

Yet another lightweight amp used in anger across 1850 scoops, in roots clash, properly delivered the goods, this time with real sub depth.

PKN, FFA, Matrix.. watch out... :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• paulus
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #11541 by paulus
yeah man lokko amp serious for the money,,,,,drawing serious currant tho,been looking at that amp for so long ,may just have to make the move smiley1

More
13 years 3 months ago #11542 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011
Power into impedance etc.?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• paulus
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #11543 by paulus
6500w @ 2 ohm 4.5kw into 4 ohm a side could tell he was pushing it because at times you could smell the 1850s smiley3 ,switch mode 10 kg weight

More
13 years 3 months ago #11544 by levyte357

paulus wrote: yeah man lokko amp serious for the money,,,,,drawing serious currant tho,been looking at that amp for so long ,may just have to make the move smiley1

Have you heard it on 13A socket/32A ring main yet?

Definetly delivered "all" the low notes, just need to know if it sounds similiar in 4 ohm stereo, in building with possibly sagging ring main.

More
13 years 3 months ago #11548 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Bring Back The Sound Into Sound System 13/02/2011
As a matter of interest, what do people expect in these circumstances. In my day I had to plug into the hoover sockets many times. I always had solid copper fuses in my plugs for the situation. With todays amps, if the current can't be delivered, is the amp expected to carry on, or is there an automatic drop in performance.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 3 months ago #11549 by mykey-
what Amp is it?

More
13 years 3 months ago #11551 by levyte357

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: As a matter of interest, what do people expect in these circumstances. In my day I had to plug into the hoover sockets many times. I always had solid copper fuses in my plugs for the situation. With todays amps, if the current can't be delivered, is the amp expected to carry on, or is there an automatic drop in performance.

Normally supply sag is indicated by very premature sub amp clipping... Crest CA18/Darq PA18 are perfect saggymainsometers.

This is something I tried to explain on SP year ago, and was yet ridiculed, being told electricity is electricity, and whether it is delivered via 32A ceeform or 13A socket, it makes no difference.. smiley13

Completely missing the point that there is a difference between getting supply from rock solid 32A on 6mm2 spur, or from droopy 32A 2.5mm2 ring main with with possible foot heaters, kitchen fridge/freezers on it.

In some buildings, the ring main is stiff enough to power a 9001 in 4 ohm stereo from 13A socket (with Tony Fuse) and not drop below 240V, sounding great at 4 ohm stereo.

In others, try that with a CA18, and it starts early clipping (due to mains voltage drop) and is very embarrasing.

More
13 years 3 months ago #11552 by levyte357

paulus wrote: 6500w @ 2 ohm 4.5kw into 4 ohm a side could tell he was pushing it because at times you could smell the 1850s smiley3 ,switch mode 10 kg weight

In real terms, without amp being benched, I'm presuming it delivers approx 60% of specified figures, and would prob only use it at 4 ohm stereo.

Which for the price is still uber value for money.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds