Re - 5.5 Ohm
Qes - 0.35
Qms - 9.4
Qts - 0.33
Vas - 50 dm^3 (1.77 ft^3)
Sd - 496 cm^2 (76.9 in^2)
Xmax - 9.25 mm
AES Power Handling - 700 W

I know it's not the most suitable driver as it was what I had available BUT DAMMMMNNNNN!!!!! it sounds good.
:woohoo: I actually shudder to think how good the most suitable driver would sound.
We have been really impressed with the sound output of this bins. These two units out rock my single Samson Auro D1800.

Now that's out the way, reason for my post. :huh:

The guy I bought these drivers from, suggested I make the boxes 10-15% bigger because of the T&S and the high wattage. He also said I need to use a bigger amplifier. He said that all these changes will improve the output even more. With the bigger box, I would get a little more lower end.

Currently I use a Behringer EPX4000, which is around 800W @ 4 Ohms. I know that Berry's figures are to be taken with a teaspoon of salt.
So, I was thinking of getting an iNuke6000. I read in another forum that it was independently tested and on the bench it tested 1.08kW @ 8 Ohm using a sine wave signal. As such, if I setting the gain at between half to 3/4 quarters on the amp, it should provide the THAM sufficient power.

Thanking you in advance for any comments posted.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Housexy. Reason: missing information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #22003 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic THAM12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010
Ive been using an Inuke 6000 for a few months and it seems to be a pretty good amp so far.

More
9 years 8 months ago #22030 by martinsson
Replied by martinsson on topic THAM12 loaded with Faital Pro 12HP1010
Some posts are really fun to see, this is one such post, thanks, I'm happy you like them.

The guy I bought these drivers from, suggested I make the boxes 10-15% bigger because of the T&S and the high wattage. He also said I need to use a bigger amplifier. He said that all these changes will improve the output even more. With the bigger box, I would get a little more lower end.

It is true that many things can be improved with size, no objections regarding this statement, but that was never the design objective with the THAM series tapped horns, instead it was to maximize the output / size ratio within a resonable operating range with regards to the driver size and capacity.

In other words, bigger boxes will most likley allways be more efficient, but the question is will they be more efficient with regards to their size (db/dm3) ? that is not to say that the THAM's are, just saying that that was the intention behind them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Housexy

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds