Building Mid bass for our system

More
12 years 10 months ago #14065 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Building Mid bass for our system
ok based on you driver hear is a 2x15 reflex box, the port is in the middle between the two drivers. the front panel is set back 20mm so a grill can be added, with 3 braces inside box............ hope its too your liking.

i managed to get a good flat responce from my first go but it was not in the freq range you needed (90-300hz)...... this box works from 50 to 500hz but will need a little bit of eq to flatten out........... you can cross this box higher to suit sub units or use it as a standalone cab for base 50hz.....

plan is below (ruff plan but you should be able to work the rest out)

plott is below.......

hope this box suits your needs.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14100 by Lemmy
Replied by Lemmy on topic Building Mid bass for our system
EY man Bee

Massive thanks for your help bee .... smiley2 .

I will built this ones as soon as possible and will load up some pics when they are finished :-D
I will rearrange your plan a little bit because we allways use 33 mm for the outside and 18 for the inside ... just that the picture of the tower stays the same.. but no worries I will let the volume and the position of the speakers like it is in your plan .... :wave:

Give thx again and I wish you a nice day Bee ... and all the others who tryied to help me out .

bb smiley20

More
12 years 10 months ago #14106 by bee

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #14109 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Building Mid bass for our system
smiley4

i can lift one of these on my own...

BMS 15n630 loaded

primarily for use above bigger 18" or 21" subs, but have been used for stand alone bass in small live music venues with much success
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by saul.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14118 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Building Mid bass for our system
wow Saul those realy look nice smiley20

More
12 years 10 months ago #14131 by bee
they look very nice, are they one of your designs.....

More
12 years 10 months ago #14136 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Building Mid bass for our system
thanks chaps,

they are a design i started on WinISD with fane XB15 (actually it might have been a Pd156 - i can't even remember) a couple of years back, and then i was directed to the BMS drivers more recently. i've tried to keep the face area of the box as small as possible - each baffle is only 400x400

they sound really nice and smooth - im actually using one as a sub in my music studio at the moment

at the risk of being picky, i'm thinking of unloading them again and giving them another coat of paint

also thinking of foaming them up - what do you reckon?

or maybe i could just find some black gasket tape instead of that ugly grey stuff

More
12 years 10 months ago #14145 by bee
go for black tape, i like the aggresive look that grill gives them......

More
12 years 7 months ago #15243 by Lemmy
Bee`s given me a plan and now ... I know long time`s passed since than, I am finished the boxes. I modified the frontside a little bit but kept the given parameter .Here is a picture of Bee`design and my hands work.
And Bee give I and I thanks man ... they dogreat work ... very clear under 110Hz and have an exelant nice sound range up to 380 Hz. I love this double 15" . I used 30 mm for all outside brakets and 18 mm for the inside ones ... the wood is cuted out for all brakets up to 10mm deep and the are glued and screwed together. Thanks again Bee and I will show up with pictures of my complete system very soon...
Big up for all people helping me out here in this forum ... and as you all see ...Jah works....
Guidance and protection on all your ways... and keep building guys ... I love the work .

More
12 years 7 months ago #15244 by Lemmy
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf
picture is to big ... sry klick on the link there it is :)

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds