Possible to replace voice coil without a recone job? (pd.186)

• Fūjin-Audio
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #25068 by Fūjin-Audio
Hey all, me and my freinds have recently found ourselves in the position of getting a blown pd186 speaker at a quite low price alongside two other working ones. As far as i can tell from push testing it appears to be the voice coil that has "shuffled off this mortal coil" (very original joke) there is no damage or deformity to the cone that i can detect that would seem to indicate that i needed to do a full recone. However there is the obvious problem of just how i remove that voice coil without affecting the Output. 

Of course i could attempt my hand at surgery, however my gut tells me this is a pretty stupid idea. I was wondering more if the Sealant connecting the cone to the voice coil could in any way be disolved by some sort of solvent. 

Of course i could order a full recone kit from somewhere such as Blue Aran. However i imagine that the shipping costs would be quite high to get it over here. I would also fear something so fragile getting damaged during international shipping (united kingdom to Japan) And i can't seem to find anything from Australian/NZ where it'd  Though if there is no other way perhaps i will have to bite the bullet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds