REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9373 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

levyte357 wrote:

Kanwar wrote:

levyte357 wrote: EDIT:Did you also mention manufacturer recommended transistor count per channel, for TO-220 for specific output power ?

If we look at Max allowable continuous current rating of TO-220 package pins, its not more than 35A [Provided IDS rating of silicon is well above this limit]

So how many TO-220 would be needed by an amp, according to transistor manufacturer specs, to stably achieve 2.5k, 3.7k wpc @ 2 ohms into reactive loads?

Looking at INF8 pic, its evident they are using 3-step rail design[One can see the 2 X 3pin TO-220 packs as Mosfets and 3X 2pin TO-220 packs as diodes]. To do the proper justice atleast 2 parallel TO-220 packs are needed and they are using just one TO-220 pack. smiley5
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by ΚΔΠШΔЯ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9375 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Have a look at Basic 3-Step Class-H and its Current path through Higher most rails and devices involved. If one has to pass 65A Peak into Load you have to draw the same from supply also. Blue represents positive current half and green represents negative current half.

Now one can see, at higher most rails we have 2X Mosfets +Positive section output transistors are in series with load. Therefore TO-247 package is the right choice baby smiley20
Attachments:

• xmax extreme
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9377 by xmax extreme
Replied by xmax extreme on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

NITZ V1505 wrote: I thought that the amp had 32 caps as stated by xmax. No matter though 36 is better!!!!! The only thing is having the bridge sitting on top of the caps or is it seperated from the tops of the caps?

Hi Nitz,

Oh my bad, should be 36 total mate. Our chief design engineer is here. smiley20

Max

More
13 years 8 months ago #9381 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
How much ££

More
13 years 8 months ago #9382 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

xmax extreme wrote:

NITZ V1505 wrote: I thought that the amp had 32 caps as stated by xmax. No matter though 36 is better!!!!! The only thing is having the bridge sitting on top of the caps or is it seperated from the tops of the caps?

Hi Nitz,

Max

No worries max. About the pcb I was just wondering if the clearance is enough to ensure some airflow around the caps. Under normal conditions this would probably not be an issue but with this beast kicking subs at 2 ohms keeping the caps as cool as possible is a must.
Just thinking out loud as Im no expert on amp design topology.

• xmax extreme
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9391 by xmax extreme

NITZ V1505 wrote:

xmax extreme wrote:

Hi Nitz,

Max

No worries max. About the pcb I was just wondering if the clearance is enough to ensure some airflow around the caps. Under normal conditions this would probably not be an issue but with this beast kicking subs at 2 ohms keeping the caps as cool as possible is a must.
Just thinking out loud as Im no expert on amp design topology.

Helooo narinder , you have a good point on the airflow of caps, yes, it would be sufficient, the capacitor board is raised about 1 and a half inches. This will result to less restriction of air and allowing more air to pass through both at the bottom and top side of the capacitors.

We also conducted a real time test, I mean on 2 ohms reactive loading on 18 inch bass and 15 inch mid speakers. Ambient temperature is around 35-39 degrees C, Maximum temperature is only 65 Degrees C.

The advantages of transverse cooling combined with geometric heatsink fins and mated with dual 5 inch fans greatly help in keeping all the transistors at normal working temperatures even if the amplifier is pushed to its limits.
Unlike in the conventional tunnel cooling, it can result to a temperature variations of up to 40 Degrees between output devices.

Cheers
MAX

• xmax extreme
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9392 by xmax extreme

nickyburnell wrote: How much ££

Hello nicky,

Please check your PM. smiley1

Best Regards
MAX

More
13 years 8 months ago #9393 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Helooo narinder , you have a good point on the airflow of caps, yes, it would be sufficient, the capacitor board is raised about 1 and a half inches. This will result to less restriction of air and allowing more air to pass through both at the bottom and top side of the capacitors.

We also conducted a real time test, I mean on 2 ohms reactive loading on 18 inch bass and 15 inch mid speakers. Ambient temperature is around 35-39 degrees C, Maximum temperature is only 65 Degrees C.

The advantages of transverse cooling combined with geometric heatsink fins and mated with dual 5 inch fans greatly help in keeping all the transistors at normal working temperatures even if the amplifier is pushed to its limits.
Unlike in the conventional tunnel cooling, it can result to a temperature variations of up to 40 Degrees between output devices.

Cheers
MAX[/quote]
Sounds cool 8-) ,1.5 inches should suffice . pm me the price please. smiley20

• xmax extreme
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #9397 by xmax extreme
Hello Narinder,

Please check your PM. smiley1

Best Regards
max

More
13 years 8 months ago #9420 by SamS
Replied by SamS on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Cant wait to have one. :thumbup:

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds