• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 month ago #11940 by Cubo15
Cubo Sub was created by Cubo15
Use this thread to discuss the Cubo Sub design posted here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #15104 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Sub

SOUNDMAN_K wrote: 10X for the Response.

if it Possible to get a sketch. Measurements of the bords in the box.

I have several options
RCF L18-P200
RCF L18-P300
CERVIN VEGA STROKER 12 - 1995
CERVIN VEGA STROKER 18 - 1995
the old Woofer.

The JL Not Relevant now.
Which would you choose and why?

What gives the most bass. SPL?

The cut list for Cubo Sub is in the plans section, just make all the internal panels width 44.4 cm instead of 58.4 cm wide. The internal width of 44.4 cm suggest you can't place any 18" in there (most 18" are ~46.6 cm wide, meaning you have to dig two slots either side of about ~1 cm deep in the walls to make the driver fit. If you need an example of that, send an e-mail to questionsaboutcubo at gmail dot com.

In most Cubo designs (the Cubo Sub amongst) different drivers will still perform in close proximity of one another. Meaning all 18" drivers will do 9give similar performance) but a higher power handling and excursion will result in a higher SPL.

The RCF L18-P200 and L18-P300 are close. The Cerwin Vega Stroker is a different animal, I couldn't find all it's parameters but the ones found suggest it's the one best suited for low frequency response (Xmax 19 mm one way, low Qts and good power handling). You could even EQ quite a bit on decent power levels, though a low cut would be preffered in that case.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 6 months ago #15504 by alenordio
Replied by alenordio on topic Cubo Sub
hello cubo i have see you know very very very good the cubo sub 21 project, i have send many mail to you for the correct build of project.
the panel baffle for the driver in the plan is 55.2 cm x 58.4 cm and i don't modified it for install my rcf lf21n451 ???

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #15515 by Cubo15
For your convenience I've modified the text in the plans a bit: www.freespeakerplans.com/cubo-sub.html

E-mails will be answered today.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #15612 by alenordio
Replied by alenordio on topic Cubo Sub
Helo guys with the help of CUBO i have builded my first cubo sub 21... smiley34
That is the same project of cubo sub (wit 18 inch driver) but the hole is too large for install the 21 inch driver!!!
I have installed a rcf LF21n451 inside, this driver have a beutiful t/s parameters and cubo sub 21 is the perfect home where it can work perfectly!!!
i attacched some pictures of my cubo sub and for my complete opinion i test it at 31/10/2011 at halloween party!!!
Last sunday i have tested it only with a 300 watt amplifier with a cutoff of 60 hz 12 db/oct with an high pass filter of 30 hz 48 db oct....with raggae,dub and ska music the sub have more more spl at the sub frequency of 35/45/50 hz but with very very precise sub bass without tails!!! smiley34
The total sound pressure level into a big military is too high with only 300 watts of power....
my total sound system is composed with a cubo sub 21 4 15pl100 b&c horn loaded (i change these in a future not very far with 4 es18bph) 4 mt122 modified and a 18 sound nd2080 driver....for a total power of 4.6 kwatt...
Thank you CUBO SUB thank you CUBO!!!! :clap:
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #15614 by bee

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #16127 by Cubo15
And a picture of a Cubo Sub 215:

At the bottom of the stack Cubo Sub 215, next to it, in the middle are Cubo Subs (18").

Best regards

Cubo
Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #16128 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Cubo Sub
How is that dual 15 set up? I don't remember seeing it before. The only Cubo215 ive seen are the ones Frank O of this forum built.

from his avatar:

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #16157 by Cubo15
That picture is from Frank's Cubo 215, this is Cubo Sub 215. So it's basically a Cubo Sub modified to house 2 x 15", the drivers are on the left and right side (in the horn mouth opening), with the chamber/horn path inbetween.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 4 months ago #16209 by jimmy154
Replied by jimmy154 on topic Cubo Sub
Hi,

I was wondering what specs the driver that goes in this horn needs to have?

I was thinking of using either a JBL 2241 or 2242 or 2245 (18"), but if I can get away with it a JBL 2226 (15") might be better for me. I'm looking to get more low end extension rather than SPL. Maybe I can make it narrower also. I'm just using it in my bedroom.

I'm open to using other drivers as well. It really doesn't even matter.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds