MTH-30

More
13 years 3 months ago #11018 by bee
Replied by bee on topic MTH-30
where the cabs sitting on the stage, or on the floor infront of the stage..... and was the stage constructed with a wooden floor or a concrete floor.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #11019 by
Replied by on topic MTH-30

keyvin wrote: Hi cudds, great job on your cabs! Did you use four clamps to secure the grill? No shaking?

yes lots of shaking! it was a complete blunder not installing wooden mounts for the grills, but i was in a rush. they will be changed before their next outing.

More
13 years 3 months ago #11026 by keyvin
Replied by keyvin on topic MTH-30
It was a portable (wood with alu rigging) stage, around 50-60cm heigh. The subs were placed right next to it, with front of the sub in line with front of stage...

More
13 years 3 months ago #11030 by bee
Replied by bee on topic MTH-30
it could of been rearward base waves echoing under the staging..... Ive heard this issue when ive see people putting there subs on the stage area.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11109 by lazyman
Replied by lazyman on topic MTH-30

keyvin wrote: From my experience these cabs work best in larger environments, in small pubs I've had some strange issues with lots of bass on stage, without really developing elsewhere (there it just felt like pressure, but not really like bass). That was with two cabs, 4 should give more. Caused by the horn effect? Is this familiar to anyone?

Hi. Answer is boundary and cancellation modes. This subs behave like horns, except there is nothing to be gained by extending horn path. Good explanation can be found here: billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=398

More
13 years 2 months ago #11274 by Resonance
Replied by Resonance on topic MTH-30
The overall dimensions of the MTH-30 seem to be 68 x 34 x 57.7 cm.
According to the construction plans the outer panels are included in those dimensions.
However, the width of 34 cm can't be right, because the 12SB30 won't fit in a space of just 31 cm.

What's the matter with this? Is the overall width 37 cm while the height and the depth are correct?

Help me out, please!
Thanks! smiley1

More
13 years 2 months ago #11275 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic MTH-30
The overall width is 37cm, while the height is 68 and the depth is 60,7 (All with 15mm thick panels).

Best Regards, Giacomo. smiley2

More
13 years 2 months ago #11282 by Resonance
Replied by Resonance on topic MTH-30
Okay, thank you!!
So the description is not completely adequate, I assume.

And I suppose you are sure about it, having built at least one, but the depth is 60,7 yes?
When I look at the construction plan, I can't find external panels to make the depth 3 cm larger than the 57,7 cm.
For it says the height is 65, but then without the top and bottom.
With the depth it really says 57,7 when I look at it :oops:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #11283 by
Replied by on topic MTH-30
the plans are correct. outside dimensions of the cab are ...depth 57.7cm width 68cm and height 37cm

More
13 years 2 months ago #11290 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic MTH-30
Sorry, i've made a mistake :oops: !
The external depth is 57,7 and not 60,7 smiley2 .

Best Regards, Giacomo.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds