Cubo 18

More
8 years 3 months ago #23209 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 18
Cubo218 vs g-sub????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #23221 by charls
Replied by charls on topic Cubo 18
Hello mr.Cubo! May you help me please. I want to build few of cubo 18 and i have 3 speakers (wich i want use with them), can you tell me is any one of them will be fine with cubo 18..
1:
Fs 37 hz Re 2.9 ohm Qts 0.45 Qes 0.48 Qms 8.43 Vas 109 Dia 390 mm BL 22.5 Mms 359 g Cms 0.051 Le(1khz) 1.6 Хmах7 ± 12 mm Xmeh8 ± 23 mm
2:
Fs 25 hz Re 2.9 ohm Qts 0.28 Qes 0.29 Qms 5.47 Vas 336 l Dia 390 mm BL 19.8 Mms 255 g Cms 0.159 Le(1khz) 1.6 mhz Хmах7 ± 12 mm Xmeh8 ± 23 mm
3:
Fs 31 hz Re 3.6 ohm Qts 0.34 Qes 0.35 Qms 7.11 Vas 310 Dia 390 mm BL 18.6 Mms 176 g Cms 0.15 Le(1khz) 1.43 mhz Хmах7 ± 9 mm Xmeh8 ± 23 mm

Thanks!

More
8 years 3 months ago #23224 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
@t.geessounds: Any specifics you wanna know, otherwise I'd know which design I would go with ;) Dare I say one will win on output, the other has more potential of sounding nice above 100 Hz? But exceptions and etc.

@charls: I'd say all 3 drivers are suited in reversed order. The last one seems like a typical PA-driver, the second one seems a bit heavy for bass duty but good for sub duty, the first seems mostly for sub-duty. All would work in Cubo 18 Extended but the first one is more typical a driver for Cubo Sub instead.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: charls

More
8 years 3 months ago #23226 by charls
Replied by charls on topic Cubo 18
so, the first one will be nice with cubo-sub, i think i'll make this one. Thanks a lot!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #23359 by dell91
Replied by dell91 on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo :-)

Ca I bulid the cubo 18 with 12 mm oder 15 mm wood panels? Because the wight is better.

Could ich use OSB boards (sound problems)? (Sorry my english is not the best)

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #23364 by Cubo15
I wouldn't advise using 12 mm material, I tried it on Cubo 12 and didn't like it. I would rather use 15 mm Baltic birch, 11-ply B/BB or 18 mm of a lightweight, 7-ply or more plywood. Poplar is about 450 kg/m3, whereas Baltic birch is about 650 kg/m^3, so 18 mm Poplar is about the same weight as 12.5 mm Baltic birch.

I suppose OSB will also work but usually there's differences in pressings, so two boards from different manufacturers might not be the same quality at all, while looking very alike (the boards I looked at, seemed OK to me but yours might be completely different). Higher quality pressings are usually heavier, which kinda defeats the purpose for using them to begin with. At least with ply board, the amount of plies is a standard for the quality, as is the face of the outer layers.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Cubo15.

More
7 years 8 months ago #23500 by SonicConstruction
Replied by SonicConstruction on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo.

great design, thanks, looking forward to trying a couple :)

I have a construction question if that's OK .. or anyone else?

The few cabs I've built have all used butt joints with battens and I'm thinking of rebating the panels into the ends panel this time (using a template) by about 6mm into 18mm birch ply. Is this normal practice?

This means the internal space is reduced by 12mm x height - is this a big issue .. is it normal to increase the internal, top, bottom, back panels by 12mm to compensate?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious, I have been thru the topic but cant see something along these lines?

Looking forward to trying these out :D

cheers

Al

More
7 years 8 months ago #23503 by Cubo15
I usually use between 3 - 5 mm rebated depth, 3 mm being of little structural use but good for a fast fitting, so 6 mm sounds good to me. Keep in mind that some glues have a measurable thickness of there own (0,1 - 0,5 mm) when determining the width of the rebate.

If the visual aspect of the 12 mm less width in comparison with your other cabinets isn't a problem, there is no real argument not to do it. I wouldn't compensate the height or depth to compensate (besides this also has contra effects).

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 8 months ago #23506 by SonicConstruction
Replied by SonicConstruction on topic Cubo 18
thanks for the fast reply Cubo. Good to know I'm on the right track then, ll carry on as is :)
Cheers
Al

More
7 years 8 months ago #23513 by alsled
Replied by alsled on topic Cubo 18
Helow Cubo,

"Cubo 18 is a multi purpose, stand alone bass bin that, like Cubo 15, will equal or out run a single 18" BR*, of similar size"

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a " BR "

Also doing a double Cubo18, how will the out put be compared to a front loaded ported double 18?

Does the Cubo 18 design throw further then a front loaded double 18?

My double 18's are loaded with Faital pro 18xl1500, with 1 crest pro 8200 bridged per box, How will this 18 work in the Cubo?

Thank you,

Al

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds