Cubo 18

More
3 years 5 months ago #24726 by ushakov1957
Replied by ushakov1957 on topic Cubo 18
Hi guys! going to use the 18LW1400 woofer in this expanded cube 18. What kind of woofer loading (magnet outward or magnet inward) is preferable for higher pressure work and, most importantly, punching bass, so that there is a powerful and short beat and then immediately decay? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #24727 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
For shortest decay I would try magnet inward and put a short delay on the tops (depending on the type).

I don't think the 18LW1400 is a 'short decay' kinda driver but the shortest decay I experienced with the 18LW1400 was with the magnet inward, in Cubo Sub.

Best regards Cubo

More
3 years 5 months ago #24728 by ushakov1957
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I have 2 Yamaha DZR10 [ usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/speaker...r_dxs_xlf/specs.html ] tops and I use a built-in amplifier for cubo18 - board - B-52 ACT-18XV2 plate. What signal delay (ms) should I set in the tops? in what place in the box CUBO18 to embed - embed and put this amplifier - plate ACT-18VX2[ www.parts-express.com/act-18xv2-230v-amp...ifier-230v--299-2348 ] (my option is on the back wall of the subwoofer at the very bottom and placed horizontally) I'd like to hear your opinion. Appreciated in advance.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #24729 by Cubo15
I'm not sure if the Yahama has delay settings, if it has you're adjusting 33 cm of sound path difference for every millisecond of delay that you apply. Sound path differences depend on the exact design of the subs and tops but also spatial placement. The easiest way to set up delay is to play a sine wave, of the crossover frequency that you use, through your top and sub simultaneously. (in your case 70 or 100 Hz). This doesn't need to be played loud by the way.. If you reverse the polarity on the driver or switch the phase setting on your sub amp, the best delay is the setting that reduces output to a minimum. Meaning that if you use the normal polarity during use, the sub and top will have maximum output at the crossover frequency.

Placing the amplifier horizontally on the back wall of the subwoofer at the very bottom is the easiest solution, you might want to cover the electronics from the inside with some ply. You could also place the amplifier vertically but I would need stricter dimensions of the amplifier (including depth), as it will no doubt complicate things.

Best regards Cubo
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Cubo15.

More
3 years 5 months ago #24730 by ushakov1957
Good afternoon. Thanks for the detailed and detailed answer (I have an audio delay adjustment in the tops)! If the tops and the subwoofer are at the same distance from the listener and the speaker in the subwoofer is magnetically inserted in, then is there no need for a sound delay in the tops? Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #24731 by Cubo15
That is good to hear. Either listen to the standard setup or test in a practical setting with the method described above. Both the port of the reflex top and Cubo introduce a frequency dependent delay, if you're lucky those are the same at the crossover frequency of your choice and you won't need delay.

Best regards Cubo

More
3 years 1 month ago #24811 by marco 101
Replied by marco 101 on topic Cubo 18
So this disign is the best for the Eminence kilomax ? a have them in BR -design , nut the X-Max is to fast

More
3 years 1 month ago #24812 by Cubo15
The Eminence kilomax is well suited for a reflex design, your cabinet doesn't seem extraordinarily large so excursion shouldn't be a problem, do you know the internal volume and tuning frequency? Also do you use a high pass filter to protect against over-excursion, if not that's where I would start.
Cubo 18 Standard will limit excursion compared to a reflex cabinet but will require a high pass to limit excursion below it's tuning frequency just like a reflex does.

Best regards Cubo

More
3 years 1 month ago #24813 by marco 101
Replied by marco 101 on topic Cubo 18
the dimensions of my BR-box are almost equal to the cubo 18. Yes idd there is a crossover between and another processor that I can pretty much get away with. only found that I quickly reached the x-max of the kilomax in the BR.
think i was on 700rms.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24814 by Cubo15
Is there a high pass filter set, if so at what frequency and how steep?

Typically the Kilomax will have more excursion in Cubo Sub than Cubo 18.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds