'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 9 months ago #14631 by levyte357
If you don't know what it is, don't ask here.. read this :geek:

This thread is asking if you've made one, and which OS Release/hardware/patches you used..

People who make these, are extremists, who don't like being told what they can & can't do with their PC.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #14636 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?
Quite amazing stuff, but doesn't interest me much. I only use my Mac when necessary, which is nearly every day, I'd sooner do woodwork than stare at screens. However, from an academic point of view, I think most computer stuff is incredible, and I take my hats off to those who do it, but I wouldn't want that kind of life.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 9 months ago #14639 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic 'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?
Extreemist and MAC. Not two words you'd normally see together.

MAC words would be: Walled Garden. You dont need to know. Costs three times as much even though it's Intel. Sold out and became a PC. Looks funky now but will be as trendy as a polo neck in three years. Oh, Im in graphics so I always use a MAC.

Ba, radical is Linux

Humbug etc,

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 9 months ago #14650 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic 'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?

nickyburnell wrote: Extreemist and MAC. Not two words you'd normally see together.

Don't know how UNIX'ish Mac used to be, but OSX I'm told is more UNIX than Linux, which put's it firmly in the crosshairs of people like me.. :lol:

One of the only reasons I still use Windoze on my home desktop, and not exclusively Linux or Solaris, is the fact thact Micro$oft, will never release MS Office for Linux/UNIX. ( No, OpenOffice is not the same or better, it's just something else).

However, you can get MSOffice for OSX.

So now I can build cheap, fast PC, put "very" UNIX like OS on it, with similiar num of apps to Windows, also run MSOffice, and develop IPhone Apps..

Win7 x64 partition on my next home pc in progress, is not looking so safe...

http://vassifer.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c18b253ef010535f668b5970b-500wi

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #17389 by shagnasty
Replied by shagnasty on topic 'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?

levyte357 wrote: If you don't know what it is, don't ask here.. read this :geek:

This thread is asking if you've made one, and which OS Release/hardware/patches you used..

People who make these, are extremists, who don't like being told what they can & can't do with their PC.

I've built a few, just tried ( and failed with Snow Lep (10.6x)) on a i7 P67 board, I have built several on Asus board (this one was MSI) with older chipsets, loads of really good site know with bootable ISOs for loaders, personally I am not a OSX fan, but I do use it for certain things, my mate was forced to OSX for work and given a £9K Mac Pro, a week later it was back on his boss' desk as ha had built a £2K Hackingtosh that left it for dead in every department (compile times down from hours to mins)

If you wanna do this either geek up of look at someof the "off-theShelf" options, IE you buy the recomended hardware and just load up the disk, AFAIA, the latest Intel chipset hasn't been OSX'd yet, but it will.

If you are prepared to play with Lion as apposed to Snow Lep your choices increase (Lion has ATI graphs support builtin) but for no fuss follow a blog..
smiley1

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #17391 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic 'Hackintosh - How many 'ere have made one?
Lost interest in this to be honest..

'7 x64 gives me all I need, will probably just make up another Linux box (again), and stick them on network (again),
so I can ODBC to ORACLE, DB2 & SYBASE (again), to keep skills sharp.

Next priority project is too buy cheap Windows phone, snd stuff Android onto it. smiley4

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds