System Design

• fentonio
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #23090 by fentonio
System Design was created by fentonio
How do all,

Hope this is the right place for this. I have gathered, over the last few years, a bunch of drivers, which I am now hoping to turn into a system. They are 1 x Martin 15" and Tweeter, 1 x 15" Turbosound and Tweeter, and 4 x 12" relatively miscellaneous drivers.

What I have in mind is a 2x15" dual horn bass bin with the 15's, and two 2x12 + tweeter mid tops. So the turbo and martin 15s in one box which I am hoping is OK because both original cabinets were 300w rated, and then two more cabinets with two 12s in each and a tweeter as mid top boxes.

I am a woodworker by trade so im not daunted by that side of things, Ive got a load of marine ply and other materials set aside just waiting to be a sound system. But the science of speakers does a bit. I suppose the questions/problems could be endless, but for starters -

Is it ok to pair up two different 15s in one cabinet?
Is a dual horn type thing appropriate?

Is there a tried and tested 2x12 and tweeter design out there for mid tops?

All three boxes passive. For crossovers, four way? or three way?

In terms of amplification, I have a couple of power amps I have collected too, but any suggestions welcome as mine are... 'vintage'...

All bearing in mind this system is probably going to be a workhorse for DJ'd music rather than an exquisite home hi-fi.

Thanks very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #23091 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic System Design
If the drivers are not the same model you are probably going to run into a lot of issues and not a very good sound system as far as the 212 meant top there are plenty of Plans out there again if they're not matching drivers you're going to run into problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds