Need a low tuned compact sub solution

• DemonKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #23600 by DemonKnight
Need a low tuned compact sub solution was created by DemonKnight
Hello good people,
I play guitar in a band and we tune very low. To a low C1 on , most songs, so my concerns are that when I wanted to mic up.... I need something capable of hitting the lows from the bass guitar.

So far from my research I have learned that the bass Guitar produces the corresponding frequencies when tuned accordingly to these keys......
The Bass guitar Frequency reference table is
E1 (standard tuning) 41.20
D#1/ Eb1 38.89
D1 36.71
C#1/ Db1 34.65
C1 32.70 (we are tuned here)
Which leads me to this question.....
Will I need an enclosure that is tuned to at least 32HZ to be able to properly reproduce the Bass guitar frequencies when playing through the PA? I am unsure of the needs of a crossover unit in this situation, and where it should be set as to not over work the speaker.
If you can explain this to me...

I think I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel here with the Cubo enclosures and wondering if one of the Cubo extended, or Cubo sub designs will provide me with these frequency requirements.
I am awaiting response in another post from Mr Cubo, but I am open to any and all suggestions for an alternative compact solution. I would like to stay as compact as possible for when I transport one or 2 of these enclosures in my car when I DJ as well. In the end I would just like "the best bang for the buck" (output vs size ratio) with an affordable, but effective driver solution.

Thank you in advance for any and all questions, and help.. Have a wonderful day!
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by DemonKnight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds