Cubo 18

More
12 years 5 months ago #15968 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
Joe its not built yet, but as soon as it is ill post pics....

Cubo help with the design will be greatly recieved,dont think you will need to swim the pond, your hear it from there lol, Im currently looking at new top ideas for bens system. Once this has been sorted, ill be able to look at the infra idea. The reason we are looking at an infra horn, is for use on the back of a float for carnival. I think by using 4 cubos and using the horn to couple them would help with the logistics of getting low sub from the back of a lorry, as this is wear most systems fail on lorrys due to not being able to couple the sub to the floor, and they will play stupidly low. The infra will be made more than likely from mdf, as it will more than likely only be used for the float or very big events...... But like all ideas, the system needs to be able to sound great across the hole range. The prototype tops will be build in the next couple of weeks, and possible a proto type of the kick cab ive been working on as well...... the kick is 2 times 15 loaded and sits accross 2 cubos.... ill keep you posted..... I should of pmed you cubo, we sorted the other issue out, looks like it may of been 96db at 20hz smiley2 due to a cross over issue....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15969 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 18
It will be interesting to see what Mid Top design you have in mind to go with the Cubos, Bee. Are you going to use a horn loaded or reflex type cab? The kick cab sounds good too.

chow4now.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15970 by bee
its all horn loaded, the tops will be 3 way 2 super tweeters a 2" and a 12" the 2inch will cover 500hz to 7k, the 12 will cover 150hz to 500hz, with a passive cross over for the super tweeters...... I was hoping to have had them built all ready, but ive been a trifle busy building for other forum members. The kick is a mixture of my own ideas and proven designs...... and is like no other kick on the market at mo..... it will look very similar to 2 cubos, stacked horn to horn...... but very different in design..... i will post pics up when its made.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15972 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Cubo 18

bee wrote: its all horn loaded, the tops will be 3 way 2 super tweeters a 2" and a 12" the 2inch will cover 500hz to 7k, the 12 will cover 150hz to 500hz, with a passive cross over for the super tweeters...... I was hoping to have had them built all ready, but ive been a trifle busy building for other forum members. The kick is a mixture of my own ideas and proven designs...... and is like no other kick on the market at mo..... it will look very similar to 2 cubos, stacked horn to horn...... but very different in design..... i will post pics up when its made.

nice

More
12 years 5 months ago #15977 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Cubo 18
Quick question , what sort of 1w/1m are we talking about With cubo 1850 loaded?

More
12 years 5 months ago #15992 by iccen
Replied by iccen on topic Cubo 18
am waiting to see the pictures

More
12 years 4 months ago #16106 by Frank O
Replied by Frank O on topic Cubo 18
About the Infrahorns...

I am in the progress of making some horns for my Cubo215 cabs.
If it does as the sims say, it will make one cab go 5-6hz deeper and boost the area from 50 to around 80hz with 3-4dB.

I will be posting some plans in here when i get crackin' with my AutoCAD.

More
12 years 4 months ago #16108 by bee
nice one, joe ill take a plott using smart, next weekend for you....

More
12 years 3 months ago #16361 by letsparty
Replied by letsparty on topic Cubo 18
I have 2 eminence kilomax and I would like to know if my fuinciona this model for my speakers

More
12 years 3 months ago #16387 by letsparty
Replied by letsparty on topic Cubo 18
I have 2 kilomax eminence and would like to know if this model works for my speakers

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds