Cubo 18

More
12 years 1 month ago #16830 by marjanm
Replied by marjanm on topic Cubo 18
18NLW9600 should walk over pd1850.
What are you building?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #16840 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
I'm building a Cubo 40, Cubo 50, Cubo 62 and a MiniBass. The objective is world domination ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 11 months ago #17874 by jake
Replied by jake on topic Cubo 18
Hi. I am new at FSP and very much interested in building a Cubo 18. I did some backreading and it seems the design is a success. I recently bought 2 pieces of a new P. Audio driver IMF HP18B and would like to ask Mr. Cubo if this can be a recommended driver for the Cubo 18.

Here's a link to the Specs at P. Audio website www.paudiothailand.com/pdf/produ ... -HP18B.pdf

Below are the technical specs:

Power Rating - 600W (AES)
Impedance - 8 Ohms
Sensitivity - 95dB
Freq. Range - 35-500Hz
VC Diameter - 4 in
X-Max - 6.5 mm / 0.26 in
Net Wt. 12.6 kg

T/S Parameters:

Re - 5.8 Ohms
Fs - 22 Hz
Mms - 209.34 g/7.38 oz
Mmd - 186.51 g/6.58 oz
Qms - 8.17
Qes - 0.40
Vas - 216.13 lt./7.63 cubic feet
Bl - 24.86 Tm
Cms - 1.1e-04 m/N
Rms - 5.28 Ns/m
Le (at 1kHz) - 1.0 mH

Thanks in advance!

Jake

More
11 years 11 months ago #17906 by Cubo15
That driver will work both in Cubo 18 Standard and Extended, I would advise the latter.

Btw. the Fs is 33 Hz, a Fs of 22 Hz would make it terribly inefficient ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 11 months ago #17932 by jake
Replied by jake on topic Cubo 18

Cubo15 wrote: That driver will work both in Cubo 18 Standard and Extended, I would advise the latter.

Btw. the Fs is 33 Hz, a Fs of 22 Hz would make it terribly inefficient ;)

Best regards

Cubo

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it. Apologies for the error on the Fs. I should have typed 33 instead of 22. Looking forward to building this with your indulgence. Thank you again! Regards.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18067 by lshinampas
Replied by lshinampas on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo,

Can I use Cubo 18 with my driver C18-650EL by P.Audio?

Regards,
Luther

More
11 years 11 months ago #18074 by Cubo15
The C18-650 EL is best suited for Cubo 18 Extended. Apart from the high Qes, it's build to last.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 11 months ago #18205 by rotebass
Replied by rotebass on topic Cubo 18
Hey, first post here!

Got a line on Fane and Eminence drivers, can scoop either brand up for dealer cost + some shipping, so I've been looking into some different enclosures to put together for a small'ish rig. The Colossus SB or XB are both within my budget and seem to get good reviews, did some searching but didn't see anything more than a few guys saying they might work in the cubos.

Is it worth trying them in a Cubo?
Which version? I'm also open to the Cubo Sub.
Any other Fane or Eminence drivers worth looking at?

My current frame of reference is JBL SRX series, both 718S and 728S, anyone with experience know how would the Cubos stack up?

Also looked at the 184 Sub, any opinions on here? Seems to be an older design...

Thanks

More
11 years 11 months ago #18217 by Cubo15
Only Cubo Sub will fit your current frame of reference. Cubo 15 and 18 will not go as low but will be considerably louder. Cubo 12 again less low but equally loud from 50 - 55 Hz and up.

The Fane 18XB fits the Cubo 18 profile best, the 15XB for Cubo 15, the 18SB is a bit more towards Cubo Sub then the 18XB though both would be usable in both Cubo Sub and Cubo 18.

18" Eminence drivers used in Cubo 18 up-to-date are the Delta, Sigma, Omega and the Kilomax, the Impero not that I know off but it will work fine. 15" drivers from Eminence have been used regardless of suitabilty. If the Xmax is past 5.5 mm it will work.

The 18SB in Cubo Sub would be my best (first) bet.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 11 months ago #18230 by rotebass
Replied by rotebass on topic Cubo 18

Cubo15 wrote: Only Cubo Sub will fit your current frame of reference. Cubo 15 and 18 will not go as low but will be considerably louder. Cubo 12 again less low but equally loud from 50 - 55 Hz and up.

The Fane 18XB fits the Cubo 18 profile best, the 15XB for Cubo 15, the 18SB is a bit more towards Cubo Sub then the 18XB though both would be usable in both Cubo Sub and Cubo 18.

18" Eminence drivers used in Cubo 18 up-to-date are the Delta, Sigma, Omega and the Kilomax, the Impero not that I know off but it will work fine. 15" drivers from Eminence have been used regardless of suitabilty. If the Xmax is past 5.5 mm it will work.

The 18SB in Cubo Sub would be my best (first) bet.

Best regards

Cubo

So it would be correct to think a Cubo 18 would be as loud or louder then a 718, but at the cost of some low end extension? Then the Cubo Sub would go lower, but trade off some overall output to get there?

It's going to be for Techno, Deep and Tech House and some Dubstep, seems like Cubo Sub might be the winner, just add more cabs later if more SPL is needed... Eventually I'd like to have something that takes you breath away. A wall of 728s takes your breath away, they just cost an arm and a leg to do it :)

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds