Cubo 18

More
12 years 9 months ago #14471 by Streetsounds
Replied by Streetsounds on topic Cubo 18
Hi there mr Cubo, what would be the best hi pass freq cut off for the Cubo 18, do you think 30hz is well enough. Apology if you posted it already..Thanks and regard,frad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #14488 by Dungal
Replied by Dungal on topic Cubo 18
Hi,i have bayma 21L45 and would be really happy to take the plans for cubo21, wich i couldnt find here, but mr.Cubo mensioned that plans for cubo21 will follow? :) www.beyma.de/fileadmin/seiten/download/pdf/Oldies/21L45.pdf

More
12 years 8 months ago #14489 by bee

More
12 years 8 months ago #14495 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
@Streetsounds: That depends partially on the specific 18" driver that you're using. If it has an Xmax below ~ 7 mm one way a 40 Hz high pass is still advised. If it's a 9 mm one way (and plus) 18" driver with a Xmech (Xdamage) beyond ~36 mm peak-tot-peak (preferably 50 mm plus) 30 Hz, 24 dB/octave will do unless your playing silly sines all day.

@Dungal: If you send me an e-mail to questionsaboutcubo at gmail dotcom, I will send the plans for Cubo 21 from there. These plans are slightly modified in comparison with Cubo Sub to fit a 21" driver more easily on the baffle. A driver like the Beyma 21L45 will really turn this cabinet in a beasty performer for it's size.
With a 24 dB/octave (or higher) 27 - 30 Hz high pass it will take plenty of power.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 8 months ago #14550 by Cubo15

@ Apague: I'll second bee's estimate, will paint a Cubo 15-ish shortly. I shall weight the bucket before and after a single structured Warnex coat.

Totally forgot about this one:

Warnex, black:

First layer on untreated Baltic Birch; 360 grams for the outside of a Cubo 15-ish cabinet plus the inside of the handle caps and 6 cm deep inside the horn mouth.
Second layer; 300 gram.

If you order 1 kg per Cubo 15/18 you can do a re-coat after a year orso.

Used roller: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... oller.jpg/

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 8 months ago #14591 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr cubo

How would this sim if used isobaric/compound loaded ? I have four cheap 18 drivers sitting her but only have the room for 2 cubos , just wandering how it would sound as the the bl is doubled. Amp power isn't an issue.

Cheers

More
12 years 8 months ago #14595 by Xoc1
Replied by Xoc1 on topic Cubo 18

joeysub wrote: Hi Mr cubo

How would this sim if used isobaric/compound loaded ? I have four cheap 18 drivers sitting her but only have the room for 2 cubos , just wandering how it would sound as the the bl is doubled. Amp power isn't an issue.

Cheers

I don't think that this would work very well at all. smiley21
Which 'cheap drivers' are you talking about? Have you any thiele small parameters for the drivers?

I think the following is right :think:

FS is the same for an iso pair.
QES is the same for an iso pair.
QMS is the same for an iso pair.
QTS is the same for an iso pair.
VAS is one-half for an iso pair.
MMS is doubled for an iso pair [ MMS = 1/(2 * pi() * FS)^2 * CMS ]
CMS is halved for an iso pair [ CMS = VAS / ( 1180 * ( 343^2 ) * SD^2 )
RE is halved for an iso pair.
SD is the same for an iso pair.
Efficiency is 3db less for an iso pair.
EBP is the same for an iso pair.
BL is the same for an iso pair.

More
12 years 8 months ago #14596 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Cubo 18
Oh ok , just a thought! I was under the assumption that ISO doubles the Bl as u have 2 motors supporting each other , I suppoose it just acts like dvc in many respects. ISO seems work better with "cheap drivers" with poor t/s , not pratical for large event but sound good in small halls/rooms!

More
12 years 8 months ago #14618 by Cubo15
What drivers do you have (T/S-parameters if possible) and what is the maximum cabinet size that you can use?

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 7 months ago #15003 by SOUNDMAN_K
Replied by SOUNDMAN_K on topic Cubo 18
hello ALL.I WANT TO BUILD A cubo BOXTHE Problem is. he STERT in 40HZ. AND I WANT THE SUB to go Under 20 HZ.Which Modifications i need to do to the box? to go uder 20 HZ.it is for my Living room.the Drivers I have is.RCF L18-p200. cubo 18OR DRIVER DAS G35a cubo 15OR JL AUDIO 12W7 cubo 12Which one will go lower in a cubo box?Sorry on my poor English.eli. my amp is 1000W in 8 ohm. power isnot the Problem.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds