db-mark processors

More
12 years 1 week ago #17679 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic db-mark processors

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Tony, I didn't realize that you have taken this on. I am not familiar with the units personally, but just to be clear, I am not assuming that all budget units are cheaply made, but historically, the only way to make a "semi-pro" unit at a price was to use cheap components, which could be more noisy than those found in the top end of the market. Over the years component price in real terms has come down, and I know that good units can be made in the middle price bracket that will perform well technically, but I think you'll agree, that the noise level in any unit should be checked. I sense that this isn't done often with many people acquiring equipment and is worth doing.

Tony I am with you 100% on that, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of gear that is bought or made on the word of people that they have never met and have no idea as to what the individuals ears/standards are like.

There are a few folks whose views and ears I would trust implicitly but it ain't a big list :)

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds