file Cubo Kick 15

6 years 3 months ago #24173 by Colboy
Replied by Colboy on topic Cubo Kick 15
Awesome news, thanks Johan :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #24188 by Operator
Replied by Operator on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi

I Have a couple of B&C 18 RXB woofer:

bcspeakers.com/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTMvMDM...vMzYvNTE1L2ZpbGUiXV0

It is a 3" coil , small Xmax 4,9mm , EPB =113 , 400W Rms , Very High Efficiency

I want to use them for a mid bass 90-200 box. I saw cubo Kick 15 and like it. do you think is possible fitting this 18" B&C in a cubo kick 15 or maybe make a bigger version?

Thanks
Rob

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #24190 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Rob,

That is indeed one of the few 18" drivers that I've seen that looks like it was designed, or at least is suited for mid bass.

A while ago I redesigned the original into Cubo Kick 18, increasing the depth of the cabinet to 65 cm (same as Cubo 18). I've added the only plan available at this moment.

Best regards Cubo
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #24192 by josephxtian
Replied by josephxtian on topic Cubo Kick 15
Built my cubo kick 15 not long ago, used an eminence kappa pro 15a driver, and put accostic wadding on all sides of the hidden side of the cab. It sounds awesome, amazing design thank you so much cubo, will be testing at my house party in a few weeks. Built a cubo 15 to go with it and they complement each other so well.
Here's my sketchup which helped me figure out what goes where. Photos will be up one day...
3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f7ce8aaa-...998ba7e/Cubo-kick-15?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cubo15

6 years 1 month ago #24204 by ricosound
Replied by ricosound on topic Cubo Kick 15
hello all...just wanted to share my experience with some Cubo kick 12" I have built and used together with 4 Cubo 12 and a pair of mid tops.

I initially built the kicks ( with B&C 12NW76 450 W drivers ) without any foam and in few occasions I could hear some booming sound....
I finally managed to open them and fill the walls around the driver with half inch acoustic foam and the sound was definitely improved to my ears.
Kicks sounds now more "punchy" without any booming resonance. Also, now that I hear the difference, the earlier version sounded somehow more empty. Hard to explain with words but quite happy with the result.

This is just to share my 2 cents as I have been discussing this issue with Cubo via mail and it may help future builders
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cubo15

5 years 10 months ago #24255 by babs
Replied by babs on topic Cubo Kick 15
Mr. Cubo best regards from greece. I have a pair of PD 156 laying around and im up for building your kick bins. should i go for it?

Here are the t/s :

Fs 50 Hz
Re 5.74 Ohms
Qts 0.38
Qms 6.94
Qes 0.4
Vas 120.17 Litres
Mms 92.22 g
Sd 800 cm2
Cms 110 μM/N
BL 20.32 T/m
Xmax 8.1 mm
Vd 0.648 Litres
Reference Effi ciency 3.63 %

thanks in advance

5 years 10 months ago #24257 by Cubo15
Hi Babs,

Any 15" driver with an efficiency over 3% will do kick, the PD.156 is no exception to the rule. I suspect it will not do much below 90 Hz but will have notably higher efficiency from the start.

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: babs

5 years 10 months ago #24259 by babs
Replied by babs on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hey there people i have a question about the back panel on the cubo kick.
the 3d shows some guides that i cannot seem to find any plans for. so whats the deal? :)

5 years 10 months ago #24260 by Cubo15
I suppose you're talking about the bracing on the back panel?

If you have placed all parts of the cut sheet into the cabinet, you should be left with a single piece of 47.6 x 3.7 cm, plus 4 triangular offcuts from the two panels that are 44.6 x 19 cm (bracing). These can be placed on the back panel as shown in the 3D render.

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: babs

5 years 10 months ago #24263 by zaxder
Replied by zaxder on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Johan.
Would it change anything significantly if I were to change the internal width of the CuboKick15 to 45 cm?

I read that you said a CuboKick 15 could be made 45 cm wide, which I guess is the external width?
My problem is that I have already cut everything, and if the extra 12 Liters of volume doesn't hurt, I could continue in with my life, haha.. I'm building it in 18 mm ply and am aiming at the lowest possible crossover to my 2x Cubo15.

I'm using the Faital pro 12FH500 on a 12 volt system with miniDSP.

Best regards :)