heart Cubo 15

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #24117 by joshworthy
Replied by joshworthy on topic Cubo 15 .... What Next!?
Ok, will probably leave them in normal configuration.
First proper setup in a club on Saturday, I'm excited / nervous as never tuned a system indoors before....

Here's yet more pics as I've finally finished the setup, my mum lacquered the cabs for me because she's a saint!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #24175 by josephxtian
Replied by josephxtian on topic Cubo 15
Finally worked my way through the whole thread, I notice on the plans for the extended that the square brace at the top of cabinet is missing, but i've read in lots of places that the extended is no different other than the extra part added, I take it the plans are right and we are to leave the brace out?

Secondly, I'm going to buy the driver soon, is there much noticeable difference in the kappa 15LF and the kappa pro 15LF, other than one will cost me an extra £30?

Amazing work though, just finished my cubo kick 15, and it sounds lovely.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #24176 by ali4994
Replied by ali4994 on topic Cubo 15 .... What Next!?
Error comment, ignore.

6 years 2 months ago #24177 by ali4994
Replied by ali4994 on topic Cubo 15 .... What Next!?

joshworthy wrote: Ok, will probably leave them in normal configuration.
First proper setup in a club on Saturday, I'm excited / nervous as never tuned a system indoors before....

Here's yet more pics as I've finally finished the setup, my mum lacquered the cabs for me because she's a saint!

Looking good mate. I saw your initial set up with just the two cubes on Facebook. It's looking spot on in these pictures. How was output with just the 2xSub, 2xLow-Mid & 2xMid-Top? I've got a share in a small pile of attractive looking paper weights (2xCubo15 + 2xX15) at the moment that we can't afford to pick up the last bits of amps and management for which is frustrating no end!

6 years 2 months ago #24179 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15 .... What Next!?

I take it the plans are right and we are to leave the brace out?

Correctomundo

Secondly, I'm going to buy the driver soon, is there much noticeable difference in the kappa 15LF and the kappa pro 15LF, other than one will cost me an extra £30?

For that 30 quid extra I would definitely go fr the Pro version. It's a bit better then the normal Kappa but in many different parameters/ directions. So an overall better performer.

Best regards Cubo

6 years 1 month ago #24193 by josephxtian
Replied by josephxtian on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for all the advice cubo, I spent the extra £30 and bought the eminence kappa pro 15lf and it packs a punch. Goes so well with my cubo kick 15 loaded with the 15a.

Do you recommend putting any acoustic wadding in this cabinet? There's been no mention of it so far in this thread, although i've got some spare from my cubo kick build.

Here's my sketchup model of the extended version if anyone needed it:
3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f56dee8b-...-15-extended-version?

6 years 1 month ago #24197 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Typical for bass cabinets that are used <100 Hz, dampening isn't needed. it can help with some out of band resonances though. If you use a lot, it will lower the tuning (by increasing the virtual volume of the chamber) in exchange for a bit less output overall.

I wouldn't use it in a Cubo 15 myself but I would definitely use it in a Cubo Kick. On all walls inside the chamber, without restricting air flow to the port.

Best regards Cubo

6 years 2 weeks ago #24205 by Sidelmann
Replied by Sidelmann on topic Cubo 15
Since I'm going to build two cubo 15's, I've started to look at some drivers i can use.

Im well aware that it's usually a Kappa 15LFA that you're surposed to use, but you wrote that i can use other drivers aswell. The units in the box must simply comply with these specs "drivers with EBP of 100 or higher; Fs (27-50 Hz), Qts (0.21 - 0.41), Vas (150 - 300 L) / (7.4 - 11.1 ft^3)". Therefor have i looked at another eminence driver which is called Kappa Pro 15A.

Kappa 15LFA:
EBP : 95
Fs : 39 Hz
Qts : 0.38
Vas : 159.00 L
Kappa Pro 15A:
EBP : 118
Fs : 47 Hz
Qts : 0.38
Vas : 167.70

I think they look familiar specs wise, but the Kappa Pro 15A is just a bit louder at the lower frequencies and still costs about the same.
So can i use this instead and would it work as good or maybe even better? :)
Hope you can help me!

King regards Sebastian
Attachments:

6 years 2 weeks ago #24206 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Hi Sebastian,

I'm not sure what makes you say the Kappa Pro 15A is louder at low frequencies as the Kappa 15LF but I assume you base it on the sensitivity of the drivers. In this case the sensitivity is second to the Xmax (and power handling). The Kappa 15LF has a Xmax of 5.5 mm, which is basically the minimum for a PA bass cabinet driver. The Kappa Pro 15 has a Xmax of 3.2 mm which just isn't enough for most applications, an upgrade would be the Kappa Pro 15LF, that has 6.7 mm Xmax.

Alternatively (also assuming you're from Germany), you could look at the 15LB100-8W from Thomann.

König regards Cubo ;)

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #24207 by Sidelmann
Replied by Sidelmann on topic Cubo 15
I just looked at the frequency response, unknowing of other more important factors for this speaker cabinet, such as Xmax that you mentioned. I've been advised by some people that i should buy the Kappa Pro 15LF-2, since it's supposed to be the best speaker for the Cubo 15. They say it's superior in every way in comparison to the Kappa 15LF driver. But does that also count for sensitivity? Im going to use the Cubo 15's on a festival, so high sensitivity is a must! haha. And by the way i'm from Denmark, but close ;)

EDIT: I looked at this speaker instead; Fane Sovereign Pro 15-600LF - www.fane-international.com/downloads/FAN...15600LF-DS141117.pdf - instead and wondered if this would be a good speaker for the Cubo? Or is the Kappa Pro 15LF-2 better? :)