heart Cubo 15

14 years 1 month ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7699 by giveortake
Cubo 15 was created by giveortake
Use this thread to discuss the Cubo 15 design posted here

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #7704 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic Cubo 15
What's the SPL and the frequency response with an eminence kappa pro 15 lf?

14 years 1 month ago #7773 by djlivex
Replied by djlivex on topic Cubo 15
Yeah whats the response plot with any drivers? Anyone tried these yet seems an easy build? No response from the designer? Thanks! :think:

14 years 1 month ago #7774 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Cubo 15
It says measurments available on request. Mail him?

14 years 1 month ago #7775 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
No need ;)

Hello,

This is the frequency response as hornresp predicts:

Unfortunately I have found that hornresp (and akabak) are a bit pestimistic when it comes to predicting the lower frequencies for this type of enclosure. I'm eagerly awaiting the day that the Dutch weathergods give me a day without snow, rain or temperatures below 5 degree Celcius.

The measurements show a 10 Hz improvement in low cutt off but were indoors (related to a 18" basreflex, to pick out the room nodes). As such, you probably understand I will only send those measurements on request. As soon as the weathergods show me worthy I will show real half space measurements on the plan-section.

As from usage with parties I can tell that it will go louder then a 18" reflex with less power, keep up and sound like it's hitting those low notes just as hard. A commercial version is in the make, same design, new goodies.

Regards

Cubo15
The following user(s) said Thank You: weloveit

14 years 1 month ago #7810 by Cubo15
Here some pictures of the newer measurements, including results.

The initial measurements were outside;

On occasion the wind blew that hard that it rose 40 dB in level (how is that I have angered you, mighty gods of weather), interfering with the measurements. So I went inside (450m^3) and threw some other cabinets into the mix (Cubo15 is in the middle):

As it was inside, I had to correlate the measurement of Cubo15 directly to the 18LW1400 basreflex (same spot, same influencial nodes, same voltage), thus showing the gain over the basreflex:

On request some other pictures from Cubo15 (build by someone else);

Regards

Cubo15

14 years 1 month ago #7811 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Cubo 15
Cubo- Great design, considering a couple of these after i finish some current project. But what really caught my eye was your computer case, been thinking about something like this for a while, looks good

14 years 1 month ago #7818 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
is it possible to upscale this cabnet to suit a deltapro 18A. 18" speaker? I think i will build a pair of 15's anyway, but an 18" version would be a great Idea for me.

Cheers. smiley20

14 years 1 month ago #7852 by Cubo15
@MAutopsy: Thanks, I can highly recommend it! Gives much more freedom in transport and events, might even have a little bit of advise if you'd need it ;)

@COZY PILLOW: If you mail me I'll see what I can send you. I'm not sure how it will sound. I didn't like the 18LW1400 that much above 80 Hz in the previous prototype but the V18-1000 has been loving it. With a small adjustment the Delta Pro simulates smoothly.

Regards

Cubo15

14 years 1 month ago #7860 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
PM'd cheers. smiley2