Cubo 18

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #19144 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 18
Whether you use the driver with the magnet inside the horn, or with the magnet inside the chamber, I like to leave up to you. However for this particular driver I would recommend Cubo 18 Extended with the magnet inside the horn (due to the largish Vas with medium Qts, which also makes it quite efficient btw).

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Cubo15. Reason: Because I felt like it ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19217 by maxolini
Replied by maxolini on topic Re: Cubo 18
Mr. Cubo

i want to get all of the cubo plans 12,15, and 18
standard and extended version

For now i think i i will start with a cubo18 standard or extended, depending on the driver
and on the budget of course , that is not big btw
Thanks
Max.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19219 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Cubo 18
cubo 15,18 and cubo sub are all posted in the "plans" section in the top row. I believe the plans also show the modification for the extended version.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19226 by maxolini
Replied by maxolini on topic Re: Cubo 18

bgrade wrote: cubo 15,18 and cubo sub are all posted in the "plans" section in the top row. I believe the plans also show the modification for the extended version.

but cubo12 dont i dont know why and also cant find the extended versions only the standard
and there is no list of all suitable drivers , only 2 or 3
it would be nice to have a list of drivers that you can use with the cubos, at least the top 10 for each design

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19230 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Cubo 18
the extended version is on the 18 plans. It is exactly the same except for one additional internal panel. As for the 12 -> hornplans.free.fr/cubo12.html

Mr. Cubo might help with some driver suggestions, but I have never seen a top ten list. He does list recommended parameters for T/S though, so you should be able to find something rather easily.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bgrade.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19233 by ginge30001
Replied by ginge30001 on topic Cubo 18
hi cubo can you tell me the best setup for a cubo 18 loaded with kilomax pro 18 and how will it perform with this diver
thanks
jonny

More
11 years 4 months ago #19237 by Spoonman
Replied by Spoonman on topic Re: Cubo 18
Hi Cubo,
I'm getting ready to build a Cubo 18 that will be used along with a mid/high pack only as a drum monitor. This driver I feel specs out pretty good. Correct me if I'm wrong. Dayton Audio PA460-8 18". I don't need tons of power and the price is right. I hope to build it only 560mm wide. Simply to match the width of the mid/high pack. Also I'm curious if I should build the extended version with this driver.
Thanks for your time.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19244 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 18
@Ginge and Spoonman: Both drivers fall into the same category (Fs - Qts - Vas - relation) wise (though the Kilomax has a higher power handling). Both are best suited for Cubo 18 Standard.

The high Qts and Vas means they'll like (very) large reflex cabinets. If you like a compact cabinet Cubo 18 is a good choice. You will drive up the lower frequency limit (excursion and output) by ~1 Hz for every inch decrease in width.

@Maxolini: I wish it was that easy. Large budget, small budget, ferrite, neo, brute force, small gathering. Location is a strong one, living in Europe means a difference in availabilty and price between North, South, East and West. Same goes for the other continents. Sometimes I get inquires from Africa or Asia, only a slight idea what brands and quality they have over there.
That's ten different drivers already or 10 Top 10's. Basically a bunch of contradicting T/S-parameters =) and then there's stuff beyond T/S-parameters.

While it's rather easy from my perspective, oh wait, no that's a lie. Well, for now let's keep it as it is and hope people get encouraged to learn a thing or two about T/S-parameters ;)

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Cubo15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spoonman

More
11 years 4 months ago #19254 by crissproduction
Replied by crissproduction on topic Cubo 18
Hello Mr.Cubo ,
I want to build two Cubo 18 with the EW-18HN driver , can you simulate a graph with it ?
Here are the official parameters :
FS(Hz) - 37
Re (ohm) - 5.6
Qes - 0.54
Qms - 2.72
Qts - 0.45
Vas - 247L
Sd(cm2) - 1257
Xmax(mm) - 6
Mms (gr) - 165.8
Bl(N/A) - 19.9
Le@1Khz (mH) - 1.34
Cms(mm/N) - 0.11
Rms - 14.1
Power handling - 600W
Impedance - 8 ohms

Thank You !

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19272 by FinSchal
Replied by FinSchal on topic Re: Cubo 18
Hello Guys

Me and my friend is currently building 4 x Cubo 18 ext. mountet with RCF L18P300.
Tonight we finished the first one and tested it. We are impressed! :-)
The fast and hard kick from cubo 18 combines wery vell with our 2x12" / 1x2" / 2x bullet top speaker.

Now we are looking forward to building them completely finished to hear them all play.

We use old-fashioned fabric and aluminum trim instead of paint. (see profile picture)
(Have tried to upload pictures but can not get it to work).

Thanks to Mr. Cubo for the speakerplan! :-)

FinSchal
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by FinSchal.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds