Cubo 18

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19288 by maxolini
Replied by maxolini on topic Re: Cubo 18
Guys,
i have a question
suitable drivers for Cubo 18
falls in to this from the cubo18 plans

Footnotes: 18” drivers preferably with an EBP of 100 or higher; Fs (22-42 Hz), Qts (0.25 - 0.58), Vas (200 - 450 L) / (7.4 – 16.7 ft^3). Where EBP = Fs / Qts . Measurements will follow.

this numbers are confusing me
Vas (200 - 450 L) / (7.4 – 16.7 ft^3)
means that you
you put your Vas for example 220L divided by (7.4 to 16.7 cubic feet ? )
if that is right.... what cubic feet is that.... ??
i mean i am puzzled to nail it
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by maxolini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #19289 by y2stevo
Replied by y2stevo on topic Re: Cubo 18
the first part 200-450L means drivers with a Vas of between 200Liters and 400Liters,second part is just the same in cubic feet ( between 7.4 and 16.7 cubic feet) ;)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by y2stevo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxolini

More
11 years 4 months ago #19290 by maxolini
Replied by maxolini on topic Re: Cubo 18
aha!!!!
so is hard to find a driver that got a EBP > 100
mostly fall short between 70 to 94
the ones that gives > 100 cost 300 bucks or more :(

More
11 years 4 months ago #19314 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 18
@Crissproduction: That driver is best suited for Cubo 18 Standard.

@FinSchall: I believe there's a blog section around that's perfect for showing off your builds ;)

@Maxolini: It's a bit more difficult to find high EBP drivers in the USA because home grown drivers tend to have a relatively high Qts as opposed to Europe's drivers.

Decent 18" drivers with an EBP over 100 start between 200 - 300 $. However there is a small sensitivity difference with Cubo 15 (sometimes none) and decent 15" drivers with an EBP over 100 start between 150 - 200 $. Between 200 - 300 $ you can get very decent 15" drivers, whilst most very decent 18" drivers are over 300 $.
Though not necessarly, EBP is often price related, which makes it a bit easier for a 15" to get there, without nibbling to much performance away elsewhere. Also 15" have a slight advantage when it comes to the Fs.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 3 months ago #19368 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Re: Cubo 18
hey sir cubo i have four 18"celestion front line 2 that i want to try put in the cubo 18 with one would work best???
also cant u please help me out changing the dimension from 62x62x65cm (HxWxD) 70x61x65cm (HxWxD)
if u need my email its jegeban@yahoo.com
thanks

More
11 years 3 months ago #19384 by Cubo15
Those would work best in Cubo 18 Extended. I suppose making it 61cm instead of 62 cm wide is not going to be a problem?

An increase in height divided over several parts of the cabinet wil change many dimensions of the panels inside the cabinet. It will also alter the cabinet response but of such magnitude that it will offer no clear advantage other then the increase in height itself. A random increase in height in one part of the cabinet will alter the response of the cabinet but either increase sensitivity at the cost of low frequency response, or increase low frequency response at the cost of sensitvty and mechanical power handling.

I dislike changing dimensions, is there another way you can alter the height requirement? If not, could you send me an e-mail at the known e-mail adress, with some background information and your preference based upon the above?

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 3 months ago #19398 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Re: Cubo 18
increase low frequency response at the cost of sensitvty and mechanical power handling.

More
11 years 3 months ago #19399 by joesoundman
Replied by joesoundman on topic Cubo 18
I want to build My first cubo 18 extended and I intend to put rcf LF18X400 components, hope they will work fine.

More
11 years 3 months ago #19426 by Cubo15
I hope so too, one thing is for sure though, it won't be coming down to the drivers, those are well... Seems like the kinda driver that likes to cross <100 Hz.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 3 months ago #19428 by Spoonman
Replied by Spoonman on topic Re: Cubo 18
I finished my Cubo 18. Have to say I'm really impressed. I'm using it along with a Wedge Horn 10 (bill fitzmaurice design) strictly as a drum monitor for large rooms or outdoor shows. I used a Dayton Audio PA-460-8 driver. Spec'ed out pretty good but only 500 watt max. (I don't need any more power than that.) While testing it out in the garage, I could get the cabinet to "walk" on the concrete with the Wedge Horn on top of it! WOW! I'm guessing that using a much more powerful driver, you'd have to strap them together.
I have a few build pics for anyone interested.
s1081.beta.photobucket.com/user/Spooncider/library/Cubo%2018
We ran sound last weekend and the drummer absolutely loved it!
Thanks for a great sounding, compact design Mr. Cubo.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds