Cubo Kick 15

More
7 years 8 months ago #23458 by decibel
Replied by decibel on topic Cubo Kick 15
Sorry forgot to inform that I am in Indonesia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #23464 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
The 12MB600 is a very nice mid high driver, it's got even a better sensitivity near the top end of the frequency response than the 12ND830, so if you want to reach the highest possible crossover, the 12MB600 is a very good choice. The 12W700 would be a better choice if you're looking for the best low frequency response (lower kick).

The 12HP1010 is a typical 4" VC bass driver, it's a bit overpowered to be using it in Cubo Kick but if you would do so, it would be to benefit the lower end of the frequency response. The 12PR310 is more towards the 12W700 but is the lightest both thermally and mechanically, so I would favour the others.

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 8 months ago #23466 by decibel
Replied by decibel on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Cubo,

Thanks for the answers.
Will start to cut the wood this weekend.

Best regards

More
7 years 6 months ago #23577 by shem1
Replied by shem1 on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Mr cubo any chance of you sending me the plans for the cubo kick 15. My email address is what.shemilt@by internet.com.

More
7 years 6 months ago #23584 by unclejam
Replied by unclejam on topic Cubo Kick 15
considering adding 4 of these to go with some cubo subs and smt212's too much or just enough?

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #23586 by Cubo15
@Shem1:Tried sending you an e-mail but got a return for invalid address. You could also download the pictures at the 1st page of this thread, those are the exact same as I would send you.

@Unclejam: I think so, the horn of the SMT212 is a bit short, so it really get's going around 140 - 160 Hz. Cubo Sub is usually crossed at 80 - 100 Hz, so that leaves a gap between 80 - 160 Hz that is mostly direct radiating (port assisted) 12" drivers, while above and below that, it's either hybrid or horn loaded. However 4 seems a bit much, unless you have at least 6 Cubo Subs, for live music 1-on-1 is around the ball park.

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 5 months ago #23607 by doriitozkid
Replied by doriitozkid on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi Cubo
I live in Australia so drivers can be pretty hard to come buy especially when built around a UK based product (shipping is very expensive uk-aus)
I have found a bloke who sells 18sound but claims the 18sound 15ND930 is a discontinued product and has reccomended me to
15NLW9300
15NLW9401
These drivers above
My issue is, i dont want to jeopordise the box nor the sound, even using a Faital Pro or Eminence driver id like to avoid IF possible :)

Thanks Mr. Cubo, ive been chasing your comments and designs for well over 5 years now and the times come to make commitments!

P.S i plan to build MT121's to go alongside a Cubo 15 Kick and Cubo Sub loaded with an 18" driver
Will this combination work well for a 4 way system :)?

If you could email me plans of both the Cubo sub and Cubo 15 kick to orikeiproductions(at)gmai (.)com

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #23613 by Cubo15
The 15ND930 hasn't been discontinued as far as I'm aware, nor does the 18Sound website hint at that event. The 15NLW9300 would be a good driver for Cubo Kick but probably a bit more expensive as well and I'm not sure your usage would justify those increased costs. Perhaps he can offer the 15W930, which is basically the ferrite version of the 15ND930.

The combination of Cubo Sub, with Cubo Kick 15 and the MT121 is a good measured system, as long as you use a decent horn driver above that, that as I understand from looking around, preferably crosses around 800 - 1000 Hz. One thing to keep in mind though, is the horizontal dispersion (40 degrees for a single cabinet).

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Cubo15.

More
7 years 5 months ago #23632 by doriitozkid
Replied by doriitozkid on topic Cubo Kick 15
Thankyou Mr. Cubo, i managed to have the seller contact 18sound and order me 2 x 15nd930's :)
And thankyou for your reminder on the 40° dispersion, do you know of another mid throw midtop with a higher dispersion that might also work a charm?

• Cubo15
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #23634 by Cubo15
The general idea behind using Cubo Kick, is that it enables you to use pretty much any horn loaded 15" or 12" and often also 10" mid cabinets, so most horn loaded mid tops out there should work. However as the width of top cabinets is usually around 60 cm and the horn length for a 200 Hz cut-off is around 40 cm, it's difficult to get more then 40 - 60 degrees of horizontal dispersion, from a single top.

That's why horn tops are often used in multiples, next to each other to get the desired coverage. Perhaps this will help: freespeakerplans.com/kunena/7-general-fo...ck-15?start=70#23419

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Cubo15.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds