heart Cubo 15

13 years 9 months ago #8932 by styla247
Replied by styla247 on topic Cubo 15
Hi there cheers for that it's Great. I actually already have that active crossover the only reason I asked about he passive ones is because I'm a mobile Dj and I was thinking about fitting the passive ones as well just in case my active crossover breaks lol cheers tho.
I will post some pics up when I build my cubos but I can't decide do I build the 15s or the18s what's better can any body help.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #8937 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Cubo 15 and 18 act in a similar way when it comes to performance. Obviously the larger Sd of the 18" gives it SPL advantages if the excursion capabilities are equal. This SPL advantage is spread out between the lower and upper peaks in the response. These peaks are still of the same hight as Cubo 15. In other words: Cubo 18 goes up to a dB, perhaps one-and-a-half dB louder as Cubo 15 but the low and high end response is very, if not similar.

My personal choice would be based upon power compression figures and exact T/S-parameters. An 18" might look better on simulations but if the 18" has a 3" VC whereas the 15" has a 4,5" VC the 15" is likely to produce a higher sustained SPLmax. In the end it depends largely on what driver you're going to use.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 8 months ago #8994 by styla247
Hi cubo uve recently sent me all the plans and cutsheets. On the cutsheet there are 4 new pieces of wood can you please tell me what these are for. Cheers

13 years 8 months ago #9000 by Cubo15
Not sure what pieces you do mean but I guess. If they're small and marked red on the cut list. They're to outline the bracings on:

2 x 18.3 cm for the two small triangular bracings and 2 x 28.3 cm for the large triangular bracing in the middle.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 8 months ago #9003 by styla247
Yeah there the pieces I was confused about . So where abouts do they fit on the plan because I can't see them. Cheers sorry to be a pain I just want to get them exactly perfect.

13 years 8 months ago #9029 by Cubo15
Sorry for the late reply (vacation started), you can cut them from the left overs. As, even with cut sheet, not everyone cuts the same it's hard to say where to best cut them from other then to make them as wide as possible. I ussually bet on the "missing piece" of 41 cm long and 6 cm wide, down under the 2 other pieces of those dimensions, or the baffle cut out.

Regards

Cubo

13 years 8 months ago #9041 by styla247
Ok cheers so once ive cut them out where exactly do i install them inside the cubo 15 because i cant see these pieces on the plans or any speaker pictures.cheers

13 years 7 months ago #9091 by Cubo15
Ehrm..see this post: www.freespeakerplans.com/index.p ... 9000#p9000

Regards

Cubo

13 years 7 months ago #9098 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
I think you might be meaning the braces that go above the speaker against the front panel. I used the ends of the pieces that form the side panels that make the grill mount. I placed them about 20mm either side of the tee nuts at the front of the speaker cut out hole. See the picture link below.

because the end of these narrow panels are already mitred they fit perfectly agaist the front panel and to the speaker mount panel. you then have more bracing for the top panel to stop rattle.

img685.imageshack.us/img685/9884/cubo1513.jpg

If you need any more info I will help as much as I can.

Cheers. smiley2

13 years 7 months ago #9177 by guest
Replied by guest on topic Cubo 15
i want to build this box but am unsure witch woofer to use. the 3015lf or the 15lf. there about the same in price, but witch will produce more output?