heart Cubo 15

14 years 3 weeks ago #7966 by gavaets
Replied by gavaets on topic Cubo 15
have build cube 15 for 3 hours. then upgraded to extended version. Ex-d version sound better. a lot of tump-tump. Unfortunately can't do any measurement, but it's VERY easy to build, a lot of low frequency pressure and good throw.thank you for sharing with us your plan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #7972 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Glad to hear you like it. I do appreciate any/your feedback.

Best regards

14 years 3 weeks ago #7975 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Cubo 15
have you ever noticed the difference between the reverse mounting of woofer or the straigh way? I mean the magnet face the mouth of the horn or the throat.

cheers, bitzo

14 years 3 weeks ago #7980 by Cubo15
Hi Bitzo,

There is a small difference (in the order of 1 - 2 dB). With the magnet inside the chamber, the chamber is made smaller and thus you'll get a flatter response. With the magnet inside the horn the chamber is made larger and thus you'll get a more peaky response. In Cubo 15 Standard that peak is centered around 63 Hz.
As you might know, most popular music has the maximum intensity around 63 Hz (quite exact). So, though it's less flat it might be percieved as louder or even measured louder with an single frequency SPL-meter.

Best regards

14 years 3 weeks ago #7984 by ROMMAN
Replied by ROMMAN on topic Cubo 15
I am not a professional sound guy. This weekend, I started building two CUBO 15s. Today at about 10:25pm, I finally was about to test one inside my house and wow, I am very impressed. Did not think this design would have so much power. I am very impressed with this very nice design. I give it a 10 out of 10. Thank you.P.S. This speaker box was my first that I ever built, but I am so impressed. I really recommend this design. Very simple and fun to build.

14 years 2 weeks ago #8145 by dookietwo2
Replied by dookietwo2 on topic Cubo 15
Greetings; I have a pair each of these 3 speakers drivers below. I have looked at your Cubo 15 plans and they look great. I was wondering if any of these speakers would work ok loaded in your box? Boxes would be low cut at 40hz with a 3 order Bessel filter and high cut 24db L/R at 100hz. The middle speaker is of course an 18 inch driver so if possible could I have a look at your 18 inch cubo plans? I don't expect rolling thunder from these boxes I just want to have some fun building some boxes and put these available unused drivers to work. Thanks for listing your plans and your point of view on these driverDookietwo2

www.peavey.com/products/browse.c ... T%20BW.cfm

www.peavey.com/products/browse.c ... T%20BW.cfm

McCauley B1560Fs = 31, HzQms = 8,01Vas = 280, litersXmax = 6,5 mmSd = 890, sq.cmQes = 0,39Re = 6, ohmsLe = 1,6 mHZ = 8, ohmsPe = 400, watts

14 years 2 weeks ago #8147 by Cubo15
@ Manuel: That's what I like about this design, you can put in almost any relatively inexpensive driver and expect killer performance. Good to hear it's a fun build.

@Dookie2two: The links don't seem to work properly for me, do you have the 1505-8DT or the 1505KA-8DT ? Both will work but the mechanical power handling will be different. If you're having the first one, I think you're having the same model as Manuel. The second one has lower power handling mechanically. Both will do best in Cubo 15 Extended.

About the 1801-8, I've never tried such a high Qts driver inside Cubo 18 before. I'm unsure how it would sound and how low it would go exactly. It's most likely going to be strong at 50 Hz and upwards. It will perform best in Cubo 18 Standard. Do power it gently at first, to see what's limits are exactly.

The McCauley B1560Fs, well, almost didn't simulated this one (still did though). It's definately going to be the loudest of the three. Cubo 15 Extended is advised.

If you send me your e-mail adress at questionsaboutCubo at gmail.com, I will send the appropiate plans from there.

Best regards

Cubo15

14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #8149 by dookietwo2
Thanks for the quick reply.
I sent an email to your address.

Dookietwo2

EDIT: Regarding link. Depending on where you are it may be you have to first select your country. Then copy and paste the link in your browser and enter it. It then should load.

14 years 2 weeks ago #8150 by dookietwo2

ROMMAN wrote: I am not a professional sound guy. This weekend, I started building two CUBO 15s. Today at about 10:25pm, I finally was about to test one inside my house and wow, I am very impressed. Did not think this design would have so much power. I am very impressed with this very nice design. I give it a 10 out of 10. Thank you.P.S. This speaker box was my first that I ever built, but I am so impressed. I really recommend this design. Very simple and fun to build.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

14 years 2 weeks ago #8157 by CORTas
Replied by CORTas on topic Cubo 15
What is the max SPL to Cubo15 box with Eminence kappa pro lf speakers? Thanks