heart Cubo 15

13 years 11 months ago #8369 by bee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #8398 by jtbrown
Replied by jtbrown on topic Cubo 15
Well I took some advice from everyone and exchanged that Peavey 15lf for an Eminence 15" Driver. I am going to build the Cubo15 this weekend. I'll post pictures of the build when its done. Do you think stretch form non-backed carpet on the curved inside portion of the cabinet will affect anything? I am carpeting the entire cabinet black.

13 years 11 months ago #8399 by jtbrown
Replied by jtbrown on topic Cubo 15
Sorry not the curved part I meant the visible area behing the grill....

13 years 11 months ago #8400 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
I'm not familiar with the specific carpet you mentioned. In general Cubo is very forgiving in design. If you're glueing the carpet all over to the inside (no flapping around) and it's not too thick, little harm can be done. The carpet however might act as dampning, reducing higher order harmonics (distortion). This can be percieved as both bad or good. You could always rougly paint it black inside or be the first to carpet it.

Best regards

Cubo15

13 years 11 months ago #8404 by bedrat
Replied by bedrat on topic Cubo 15
Do you have this design with standard us measurements for the cutsheet? Also do you have a more detailed assembly process.

13 years 11 months ago #8411 by duxfan2
Replied by duxfan2 on topic Cubo 15
Just finished building 2 of these yesterday. I have to say that I am very impressed with the sound that these bad boys put out!! My neighbor from across the street came over and asked me to turn them down since I was rattling his windows. Great stuff Cubo! I was wondering if narrowing the design by 2" would effect the sound output much? Thanks again for all of your help.

13 years 11 months ago #8414 by Cubo15
@bedrat: Have been meaning to do this for a while now. If you can give me the thickness of the material (generally used), closest to 18 mm thick ply, with an accuracy down to at least 1/25th of an inch (or better), I'll convert it for you.

A more detailed approach to building Cubo 15 is easy too write down, so I don't see any trouble in that. Either send me an e-mail at questionsaboutCubo, @, gmail.com or let me know to where I should send it.

For both it's likely that if you react on Saturday or Sunday morning, it will be done on Monday.

@Joe: That's good to hear. Rattling windows is always a good thing, especially over greater distance ;)

Those 2" of narrowing it down, could that have to do anything with standard truck/van pack size, by any chance? Anyways, I ussually recommend people to use the 15 mm plans for such an adjustment, as the horn is actually a bit larger then Cubo made from 18 mm. You will loose some output below 70 Hz but not enough to loose any sleep over it.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 11 months ago #8415 by bedrat
Replied by bedrat on topic Cubo 15
Thinkign of using a McCauley 15" speaker model number 6244 or a TAD 1603 15". Any thoughts on this.

13 years 11 months ago #8427 by Cubo15
The McCauley 6244 is a good speaker, with decent performance. Do you have any T/S-parameters for the TAD, I couldn't find any.

Best regards

Cubo15

13 years 11 months ago #8479 by Cubo15
Some Cubo 18 build-pics:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

And painted:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Best regards

Cubo15