heart Cubo 15

13 years 11 months ago #8517 by jtbrown
Replied by jtbrown on topic Cubo 15
I finished building mine last weekend. It sounds great. I used an Eminence Beta15 driver instead of my Peavey driver and I am happy I did. I carpeted it and installed cab corners on it. It takes everything my QSC 850 can throw at it and wants more. I cant wait to use it a my next gig. I will post pictures of it soon. Thanks Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #8523 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Nice to hear you like it, I think the Beta 15 is an interesting choice, not really suited for bass in a "normal design". I think I speak for all of us when I say, we'll be interested in any pics of the build or finished product.

Best regards

Cubo15

13 years 11 months ago #8524 by bee

13 years 11 months ago #8533 by jtbrown
Replied by jtbrown on topic Cubo 15
Thanks guys. My camera is dead, im getting a new one this week. I had a small budget to work with and this driver had the closest parameters to the kappa I could find for the money. I probably will replace it with the kappa in the future, but in the mean time I adjusted my crossover to run this cab from around 60hz to 200hz and my mains run from 200hz and up. It does bottom out below 50hz so I thought it safe to run it a little bit higher untill it breaks in or I get a better driver. It does give me that little something extra I was missing from my mains.

13 years 11 months ago #8570 by SmokeyGTi
Replied by SmokeyGTi on topic Cubo 15
Hi.I'm a DJ now starting out in the Island of Trinidad. and I do a lot of DIY work. Can you please send me the plans for the cubo 15? it's exactly what i need in terms of portabilityThanks!

**edit. now noticed the plans as attachments.* :oops:

cheers

13 years 10 months ago #8587 by Cubo15
You're not the first one not to notice ;)

Also an email is always easy if you're not sure if you intended driver is suited for the design and which version to build.

Best regards

Cubo15

13 years 10 months ago #8678 by Brian Steele
Replied by Brian Steele on topic Cubo 15
What are HornResp input parameters for this design? I'm interested in using this driver (or its smaller 12" cousin), and I'm just curious how it appears in HornResp to some of the other designs I've seen (including a few of my own :) ).

13 years 10 months ago #8681 by Cubo15
For the 12" I suggest you wait until Cubo 12 is released, unless you're in a hurry. Also, unless it's some high Qts driver, Cubo 12 is more restricted in it's taste for suitable drivers. I expect it's availabilty to be send by private mail (the plans) within a month orso. The official release on this site depends on more factors, partially beyond my reach, so that's hard to say.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 10 months ago #8684 by Cubo15
Oh, for that other part/question of your post, please send a mail.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 10 months ago #8721 by SmokeyGTi
Replied by SmokeyGTi on topic Cubo 15
do have any idea if a JBL 2226H would work well with the cubo 15?specs here:http://www.usspeaker.com/JBL%202226h-1.htm